High Protein Tuna Salad Recipe
HIGH PROTEIN TUNA SALAD
Prep Time: 10 min / Cook Time: 0 min / Total Time: 10 min
Tuna Salad is an amazing versatile option for a high-protein snack or as an entire meal! Eat it with crackers, veggies, on toast, or a cheesy tuna melt… your options are endless.
If you’re looking for a high protein tuna salad recipe that is both delicious and easy to make, then you’re in luck! Tuna salad is one of my favorites, a classic dish that can be enjoyed in a plethora of ways. Whether you prefer it on a sandwich, as a dip with crackers, on a bed of greens, or by the spoonful, there’s a way for everyone.
Why are high protein meals important?
Incorporating high protein meals like our tuna salad recipe into your diet is crucial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, including muscles, bones, and skin. It also helps to regulate hormones and enzymes, and plays a key role in maintaining a strong immune system. A high protein diet can also help with weight loss by reducing hunger and increasing satiety. By including protein-rich foods in your meals, you can improve your overall health and wellbeing, and feel energized and satisfied throughout the day.
This recipe is packed with protein and healthy fats (*mental note to create a blog post about why healthy fats are also essential for your hormones), making it a great option for anyone who is looking to increase their protein intake. It also includes a variety of colorful vegetables, which add both flavor and nutrients to the dish.
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles (my favorite, *drool*)
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the drained tuna and your choice of extras; red onion, celery, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, pickles, etc.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the tuna and vegetables and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings, and each serving contains about 20 grams of protein. If you want to increase the protein content even more, you can add additional tuna or use a higher protein Greek yogurt.
I love to enjoy it as a gluten-free tuna melt or put it in a lettuce boat for a filling meal and with crackers throughout the day as a snack!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I'll get a few cents for introducing you to the product, at no extra cost to you!